Monday, March 5, 2012

Map Algebra and Spatial Analysis lab

Hi everyone!!

The following is a step by step of the process until I ran into a road block :-(

Below we have the two DEM that I retrieved from the seamless server... I picked the Little Colorado at Woodruff, AZ.



Next I set the environment and processing extent. (see below)
Geoprocessing>Environment



Next I megered the two DEM's
Arctoolbox>Data Mangement Tools>Raster>Raster Dataset>Moasic to New Raster




Next I reprojected the merged DEM.
Arctoolbox>Data Management Tools>Project and Transformation>Raster>Project Raster


Notice that the read out in the lower right is now meters in the picture...which was created by going to Insert>Add New Data Set



Next I created a hill shade using the reprojected DEM.
Arctoolbox>3D Analyst Tools>Raster Surface>Hill Shade


Now I created the below using the fill command.
Arctoolbox>Spatial Analyst Tools>Hydrology>Fill



Now I created a flow direction (below)
Arctoolbox>Spatial Analyst Tools>Hydrology>Flowdirection


At this point I tried creating a Flow accumulation raster but I was unable too.  Every time I tried using the tool it would run, run and run....  I also tried to trouble shooting.... by creating a smaller area and that didn't work either.  So I thought of one more thing that I am going to try during class.... hopefully it works, unless anyone else knows something that I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment